Join us on a carby trip for all things flatbread. We discover that sweet or savory breads can make the best of dinners. Betsy shares a pancake recipe that she has made for ages. We discover the easiest, cheesiest bread we have had in a long time. Wrapping it up with a wrap (sorry), the Turkish pizza was a savory treat we could also pile high with our favorite vegetables. Get your carbs in this week’s episode; you won’t regret it.
Swedish Pancakes, Turkish Pizza, and No Knead Garlic Cheese Bread
A family favorite for years, these flat and eggy pancakes are perfect with jam. Or with fruit...or yogurt. Find your favorite topping and make these ASAP.
- Use a stick blender for easy clean up.
- Betsy’s non stick pan doesn’t require as much butter for frying.
- Kids can more easily make these pancakes if they’re a little smaller. But still a doable recipe.
Turkish Pizza, lachuman, is what would happen if you baked a kofta meatball right onto a flatbread wrap. Savory and spiced with cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and sumac, it was the perfect base for plenty of veggies and feta cheese.
- Betsy used Sam Sifton’s pizza dough. Kate used store bought. Both were delicious.
- Watch your cooking time carefully if you would like it soft enough for a wrap.
- Even if you do bake it until crispy, we still loved it.
Turn that amazing cheesy garlic bread from your favorite pizza joint into a no knead flatbread when you make this recipe. Warning. This bread is not taking prisoners with it’s cheesy, garlicky goodness.
- Mix and match your cheese. We liked cheddar, pepper jack, or colby.
- Apparently if you have leftovers you can make breadsticks. Let us know if you were able to make that happen.
From the Smorgasboard
Try some other super delicious pancake recipes from Episode 102.
We have to mention the Sheet Pan Pancakes from Episode 117.