Handheld dinners are just more fun. We have a full episode of meals that are eaten out of hand. But don’t for a minute think they are boring or run of the mill. Sizzling pancakes are fresh with herbs and a crunchy outside. The Kathi rolls combination of buttery roti and spiced vegetables is hard to beat. Last, taquitos maybe in the freezer aisle, btu we think you can make them better at home. Wraps and rolls are definitely a new Dinner Sister favorite.
Vietnamese Sizzling Pancakes, Kathi Rolls, and Chicken Taquitos
Truth be told, we did not realize what we were wading into with these crepes. But we’re glad we did- the crispy, savory dinner was worth it. Give yourself the time and you’ll be glad, too.
- Follow the recipe and you’ll be happy. He gives plenty of tips and tricks.
- If you’re able, make the batter and pork belly the day before to save some prep time.
Spiced vegetables are wrapped in a buttery roti for a warm, satisfying vegetarian dinner. We loved the pantry and freezer friendly recipe that made vegetables the centerpiece of the meal. Roll up a roti and get yourself dinner!
- We love Priya Krishna’s idea of using whole wheat tortillas for roti.
- Use a frozen vegetable mix to make this even faster.
Crunchy, cheesy, and easy to make. We didn’t have anything bad to say about this recipe or the end result. Betsy loved it so much she made it a second time. Get yourself out of the freezer aisle and into homemade taquitos.
- We used pulled pork and rotisserie chicken with great results.
- If you’re looking for easy recipes to get your kids cooking, this is a fantastic start.
- The taquito rolls freeze well; make a batch and your future self with thank you.
From the Smorgasbord:
Betsy is loving Pinch of Yum’s slow cooker recipes.
Will Kate just make the Peruvian chicken already?