Cookbook Review: Molly on the Range
Food can tell the story of our lives, from your Mom’s cinnamon toast to your first fancy restaurant meal. In her latest cookbook, Molly Yeh turns stories of her Chinese/Jewish family, life in the Midwest, and sugar beet harvest with her love into recipe after recipe. Case in point, her recipes for scallion pancake challah, chicken hot tot hot dish, and chocolate tahini cake. We cooked and cooked from Molly on the Range and came away with a winner every time. This isn’t a book for the novice cook. This is, however, the cookbook for you if you love a good story and are looking for fun, delicious recipes.
- Hummus with Ground Beef- with pita chips it was a fun dinner
- Brown Sugar Cookies- so delicious and pantry friendly
- Chicken Hot Tot Hotdish- a hit with everyone in the family,
- Knoephla Soup- a comforting dumpling soup,
- Cardamom Orange Bread- despite some misread directions it came out beautifully
- Shakshuka- super easy and forgiving weeknight meal
- Party Trick Peanut Butter Cake- an absolute hit at the office
You can find Molly Yeh’s book on Amazon or wherever books are sold.
[spreaker type=player resource="episode_id=18975175" width="100%" height="200px" theme="light" playlist="false" playlist-continuous="false" autoplay="false" live-autoplay="false" chapters-image="true" episode-image-position="right" hide-logo="false" hide-likes="false" hide-comments="false" hide-sharing="false" hide-download="true"]
You might also like...
Cookbook Review: What's Gaby Cooking? (Episode 48)
Cookbook Review: Small Victories (Episode 21)