Seems like we see the same old salmon recipes in the search engine. You have so many choices, if you like lemon or teriyaki sauce. Luckily, we were able to find a couple great salmon recipes that got us out of that rut. Plus a bonus side dish perfect for a weeknight or potluck, creamy and herby potato salad. Really, we can’t go wrong with this episode.
Tandoori Salmon, Salmon Macaroni Salad, and Mashed Potato Salad with Scallions and Herbs
Tandoori Salmon hits all the high notes for us: simple to prepare, cooks quickly, and delivers on a ton of flavor. We loved the ginger, garlic, and spice in this recipe. Cover a nice filet of salmon and dinner is solved.
- We served this with naan and some quick raita, delicious.
- The next day the salmon was amazing in a salad.
- Next time, Kate might make only half of the salmon and freeze half of the rub for later.
A classic for a reason, macaroni salad is just plain delicious. Dill, lemon, onions, and a bit of tabasco mean this isn’t a plain old salad. The creamy dressing pulls everything together. Having this in the fridge for the next day is a delight, we will tell you that much.
- Take care to not over cook your pasta.
- Kate used green garlic and Betsy used green onion. Both were delicious. Play with the ingredients you have available.
Mashing the potatoes a bit makes this salad extra creamy. Loads of herbs, lemon zest, and scallions bring the flavor beyond a humdrum potato salad.
- We had a hard time tasting the hot sauce. Add more if you’d like a kick.
- If you’re like us and love fresh herbs, you can certainly add a lot more as a garnish.
From the Smorgasbord:
We’ve made quite a few salmon recipes over the years: