Chicken thighs have long been a favorite of the Dinner Sisters. Economical, adaptable to all sorts of recipes, and isn’t fussy to cook. To celebrate our favorite cut of chicken, we have a whole pot of comfort with stuffing and sausage, grilled legs with a floral spiced sauce, and an extremely flavorful instant pot meal. Each one hits the mark for a delicious meal with one of our favorite ingredients.
One Pot Chicken Stuffing Casserole, Chicken Legs Recado Rojo, and Honey Garlic Chicken
Sausage, stuffing, and herbs come together for a very rich and comforting meal. Fall is here which means a dish like this is a welcome respite after raking leaves, football, or just because you deserve it.
- This is very decadent as written. If you’re looking for sausage flavor but not quite all the meat, we would halve or even quarter the sausage.
- Kate halved this recipe very successfully.
Recado rojo is a special spice mix from the Yucatan and Belize. Annatto seeds make the spice mix a bright, gorgeous red. Add in cloves, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, oregano, peppercorns, oregano, garlic and you have a sauce that is just the thing for grilled chicken.
- Grilling isn’t an optional step, we found that the grilled taste really made the chicken.
- Truly this is a project recipe. Make it and share with a friend. We promise it’s worth it.
Simple sauce and simple cooking puts this squarely into weeknight rotation. Soy sauce, garlic, honey, and a bit of heat with chicken thighs were fantastic with rice. Came together quickly and the whole family ate it up. We think yours will, too.
- We used Korean chili flakes and smoked chipotle flakes, respectively. Both were lovely. Use your favorite.