Time flies when we’re having fun and we have another dinner party on the docket for this week. Coconut leads the way with all three recipes this week. Savory chicken, extra tasty rice, and a sweet treat at the end all make use of those tropical flakes. Make all three at once, which was delicious, or use one to make your dinner a little sweeter.
Seared Coconut-Lime Chicken with Snap Pea Slaw, Easy Coconut Rice, Lime in the Coconut Bark
Chicken cutlets are a dream: quick cooking, easy to keep juicy and tender, and take seasoning like a dream. The cutlets in this recipe cook up fast and have a sauce that’s tangy and sweet.
- Pound the cutlets ahead of time and dinner will go even more quickly.
- The slaw was fantastic with the chicken but also held in the fridge for a day or so.
A side of rice is one of the simplest dinner add-ons but it can feel plain sometimes. Coconut milk adds so much flavor without any more work. Who could refuse that?
- The recipe calls for 20 minutes of cooking time for the rice. Ours was a bit overdone. Check at 17 minutes or so to avoid sticky rice.
- Keep a can of coconut milk in the pantry. We use it all the time. Not just for this recipe but for many more.
We love a good recipe title and this dessert comes through. If you’re a fan of coconut candy, you’re in for a treat. The lime is subtle yet present, with plenty of chewy coconut and crunchy almonds. The perfect sweet bite to end the meal.
- Heat your white chocolate low and slow to avoid burning or seizing. Avoid water as well- this may also make your chocolate seize and go grainy.
- Bake sales and dinner parties may still be a ways away, but we do think this coconut candy is ideal for either.