When you’re looking for a weeknight meal that will give you a hot meal without a ton of cooking time, stir fry is where it's at! Try a quick chicken and green bean stir fry that makes quick work of green beans and an actually tender chicken breast. Or get ahead of things with a Chinese stir fry sauce from Woks of Life that works with (nearly) anything you have in the fridge. Singapore Mei Fun might be the most complicated of the recipes this week. But with a little prep and organization, you’ll have a platter of fragrant, beautiful noodles on the table. Join us for stir fries this week!
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry, Chinese Stir Fry Sauce, and Singapore Mei Fun
Weeknights are stir fry nights- if the ingredient list is short and available at most grocery stores. The Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry this episode ticks both of those boxes while also being a recipe you’ll want to make again and again. The green beans are crunchy-tender and the sauce is full of flavor. Bookmark this recipe for your regular rotation.
- Shaoxing wine makes this dish but sherry wine is a decent substitute. Shaoxing wine is readily available online.
While we haven’t always been great meal preppers, sauces like the Chinese Stir Fry Sauce from Woks of Life have been slowly converting us. The deeply savory and balanced sweetness of the sauce works with all sorts of protein and nearly any vegetable in the crisper. Make a jar of this and your future self will thank you.
- Check out Woks of Life Stir Fry guide for in depth tips on making a fantastic meal every time.
- This sauce does use a fair amount of different ingredients. But if you’d like to do more stir fries, your pantry will be well stocked for the future. Check out stores online or your local Asian grocery.
Nostalgia for going out to eat made Kate choose this recipe, one of her Chinese food restaurant favorites. Turns out, it’s not Chinese at all! Instead, this curry flavored noodle stir fry is an invention of Chinese immigrants to the United States. A few more steps than the other recipes this week, but utterly delicious.
- Make sure to read Red House Spice’s notes about substitutions as well as great directions for making the vermicelli.
- Neither one of us used the Char Siu pork but thought it was delicious. Could be even better if you can find it!
From the Smorgasbord:
If you’d like to learn more about stir frying, check out Wok’s of Life article, How to Make Stir Fry: the Right Way.
You might also like...