Short Ribs Slow Roasted in Coconut Milk, Panna Cotta, and Champagne Cocktails
Celebrate 100, that’s right one-hundred, episodes with us. We are thrilled to have made it all the way to this major milestone. Of course we have a dinner party to celebrate. Betsy fell in love with coconut milk after 100 episodes, Kate loves a champagne cocktail, and both will never turn down a creamy, cool dessert. All our favorites to reflect on the past 100 episodes and look forward to 100 more.
Braising short ribs in coconut milk, ginger, curry and lemongrass made for a fragrant, tender dish perfect for a dinner party. We loved that most of it was hands off and still gave an impressive entree. Top with that a gremolata of coconut and cilantro and a squeeze of lime and wow any guest.
- Run out of time? The Instant Pot is your friend. After roasting in the oven for at least four hours, the ribs and sauce can all be put in the pressure cooker on high pressure for 30 minutes, 15 minutes natural release.
- Don’t forget to squeeze the lime over everything at the last minute. The acid lifts all the flavors.
- Betsy used lemongrass paste very successfully.
A celebration dinner party always needs a sweet finish. Panna cotta is an elegant yet simple way to end a meal. Make this a little bit ahead, sit back, and enjoy.
- Don’t let this intimidate you- it’s actually just a creamy, tangy version of making old-school Jell-o.
- Toppings are up to you! Add fresh berries or dig into that store of jam (citrus is nice this time of year).
- Either unmold it or serve it in the dish.
- No ramekins? Chill it in mugs, teacups, or even little jam or yogurt jars. Anything other than plastic would be lovely.
Toast with us to 100 episodes with a glass of champagne made even fancier. Here’s to you, listeners! You have made each episode worth celebrating. Many, many more celebration dinner parties ahead.
- Don’t break out your good champagne for this. A decent Prosecco will work well.
- Betsy bought a split or half bottle of Prosecco and had just enough for a cocktail for two.
From the Smorgasbord:
Overall Favorite: Moroccan Fish Stew: Episode 97