The Dinner Sisters welcome a Special Guest, Tara, to review Small Victories by Julia Turshen. We each cooked a recipe or two (or three, or four) and found so many gems in it’s pages. Ms. Turshen has a way around a recipe, we quickly found out. Her ideas for dinner were delicious, different, and fun to cook. If you’re looking for a cookbook to put into your rotation for solid dinner ideas, this is one to consider.
We each cooked a recipe or two and loved:
- Homemade Merguez with Herby Yogurt
- Tara said, “Warmly spiced and you can make it ahead.”
- Koren Clambake
- Betsy said, “Such a fun dinner with the family. Great for the kids and perfect with a cold beer.”
- Creamed Corn with Congee variation and Kimchi Avocado Toast
- Kate said, “This cookbook shines in it’s variations on a theme, which was Creamed Corn with Congee. The avocado toast was a treat.”