House guests and breakfast can be a tricky combination. The Dinner Sisters offer three suggestions to serve for that first meal with your guests in the morning, including something to satisfy a whole bunch of coffee drinkers.
Cold brew coffee is a hands-off solution for two to a whole bunch of guests. Make the concentrate a day ahead and have
- Plan a day ahead of time- it takes at least 12 hours to brew.
- You can make up to a gallon of coffee at a time, giving you up to 32 servings. Not necessary- you can make as much or as little as you like.
- Try a nice carafe for this- keep your eyes peeled at Ikea or thrift stores for nice but affordable options. Here’s a smaller option from Ikea or if you’re making a large batch use a beverage dispenser.
French toast for breakfast is delicious but takes a lot of time at the stove. Do a baked challah french toast for a one dish make-ahead wonder.
- Make this the night before and just bake in the morning.
- Give yourself time to bake in the morning- this takes about an hour from start to finish. But! It’s all hands off time.
- Round out the meal with some eggs baked in muffin tins. Check out a method similar to what Betsy uses here: Oven Baked Eggs.
Baked oatmeal is another good recipe to make ahead and bake in the morning.
- Make this the night before and bake in the morning. You can get this on the table in 45 minutes.
- Let the baked oatmeal rest for at least 15 minutes or it will be soupy and sad.
- Use frozen berries if fresh aren’t in season.